We are looking for an experienced Java developer who will be working for an interesting and dynamic project at European Commission
Location: Brussels, could be remote for couple of weeks due to COVID-19 but it will be onsite later.
Contract: Freelancer OR Employment (both possible).
Nature of tasks
- Design of information systems.
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
In addition to these skills, the ideal candidate needs to have a proactive attitude, ability to communicate in a multi-lingual setting, ability to work in a team and be fluent in English.
- · Java7 or later (ideally Java 8)
- · Java EE frameworks and platforms (one or more of Spring, JEE6 / JEE7, Hibernate, Weblogic…)
- · Development of complex web applications in medium-to-large size teams