View all jobs
Lead Python Backend Engineer (m/f/d)Munich, Germany
Lead Python Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
- Design and make data-driven decisions regarding microservices architecture and technologies.
- Take ownership of operating services in a production environment.
- Hands on coding to professionalise and speed up product development.
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code.
- Lead by example and understand the values within the business.
- Design and develop event-driven microservices focusing on highly scalable, robust and available systems.
- Design and implement APIs and components for our Instant Trip Planning Service.
- Collaborate on development best practices, working closely with Product Managers.
- Engage with the team in a variety of Agile ceremonies.
- Expert developing scalable applications in Python 3, using modern frameworks.
- Comfortable working in B2C or B2B event-driven architectural environments.
- Has developed and queried APIs, with the use of GraphQL or REST.
- Open-Source RDBMS tools; including but not limited to Postgres or MySQL.
- Git Version Control with the use of GitHub, GitLab or Bamboo.
- Familiar with Agile ceremonies, having worked in Scrum or Kanban.
What to expect
- Worked with modern Python frameworks like Sanic, Flask or Tornado.
- Have successful experience developing and maintaining public API.
- Experience with Docker containers, and orchestration tools (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm).
- Cloud technologies and Serverless architecture experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Big Data NoSQL database experience, with MongoDB, DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Familiar with conversational tools like Slack and Confluence.
- An international team from over 15 countries, with an open and inclusive culture.
- Flexible working hours in a modern startup office, close to Munich city center.
- Regular team events, including the famous Oktoberfest.
- Supportive leadership that encourages professional development.
- Competitive and fair remuneration with clear growth opportunities.
- Weekly fresh fruit, healthy breakfasts and regular team lunches.
- Industry-specific travel discounts and other travel benefits.