The Job Description
Together with a team of world-class experts, you analyse, prototype and develop critical software tools used to support the safe movement of trains across the world. As such:
- You report to the Software Director.
- You design, develop and test tools dedicated to the development, analysis and testing of critical systems. Tools range from IDE to simulators and workflow management.
- You actively participate to design and prototyping sessions.
- You propose new technology to be used and deployed at the company. As such, you carry out the necessary benchmarks and cost / benefit analysis.
- You are the counterpart of the software safety team, ensuring all assets required by tool qualification activities are delivered in a timely manner, with the proper content.
- You interact with the front-line teams to keep a close understanding of our customers’ needs and answer questions that are raised during presales activities.
- You participate to a watch of software technological trends and cascade this awareness to the entire organization.
- You have a master’s degree in software engineering/Computer Science.
- A familiarity with model-based systems is a plus.
- You have 4+ years’ experience in delivering software projects.
- You are familiar with the requirements for developing critical software products, ideally in railway, and have ideally participated in such development.
- You are familiar with user interface design.
- You are fluent with agile development techniques, such as but not limited to TDD, CI/CD, SCM using Git, etc.
- You are fluent with Python, C, C# or similar languages.
- You are familiar with cloud technology like Azure, AWS API, influx DB, etc.
- You have experience in the development of full web full stack (e.g. Django, CSS, JS, HTML, CMS)
- You have experience in the development of real-time distributed systems, preferably in railway, automotive or aerospace industry.
- You are a hacker. You were born with a keyboard in your hands and can navigate in any code. You are comfortable going up and down the abstraction ladder. For you, working on low-level C code can be as exciting as tuning a neural network.
- You enjoy going “hands on” when needed. You revere competence, whatever the task considered may be.
- You are a team player. You admit that you can be wrong when a team member has a better idea.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
- We offer you the perfect place to bring your passion for complex technological challenges into play and learn new skills in a family-minded, cutting-edge and very dynamic atmosphere.
- You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop your potentials through very innovative projects. Moreover, your evolution will be followed and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize yourself.
- You can also count on an open culture based on mutual trust and a respectful work/life balance - including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy - as well as a fair salary package and fringe benefits.