What you will be doing:
• First point of escalation for all technical and process issues during the transition.
• Provide technical subject matter expertise wherever required
• Ensure proper communication and quick resolution as a crisis manager.
• Timely escalation to management
• Plan and schedule Changes coordinating with different stakeholders.
• Perform Service Requests based on Standard Operating Procedures
• Service incidents and queries within the agreed service levels
• Perform RCA for Major Incidents related to his / her tower
• Follow quality/security process defined for the engagement
• Perform Trend analysis, identify top few incidents and work with respective teams/individual to minimize the incidents
• Hardware troubleshooting & Vendor coordination
• Work on service improvement programs.
• Effort estimation/reviews on need basis for new projects.
• Training of new team members.
• Work with project teams for activities such as new server build, OS upgrades, migrations etc
• Automation of tasks using Shell / Perl scripting
What you will bring to the role:
• 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Experience and Expert in Linux Administration (RHEL, CentOS, Suse, Debian, Fedora )
• Experience and Expert in KVM
• Experience and Expert in LVM
• Experience and expert in VXFS / VXVM
• Experience and Expert in Satellite server Management and configuration
• Experience in Administration and troubleshooting of Linux Virtual Machines in VMWARE.
• Knowledge and experience of HP Proliant BL460C G10 / G7 / G8 / G9 , HP DL380 G7 / G9 servers Firmware upgrade and hardware troubleshooting.
• Advanced shell scripting
• Configuration and Troubleshooting of RedHat / Veritas / Linux HA / Suse / HP Serviceguard Cluster in Linux
• Performing ASM SAN disk addition in Oracle RAC Clusters in Linux
• NIS, NIS+ / DNS configuration
• Patch management
• NFS / Automount configuration
• Knowledge of configuring NIC Bonding / Trucking in Linux
• Recovery of Operating system from backup
• Server / OS Crash analysis
• Performance tuning