For a United Nations Agency in Geneva, Norconsulting Group is currently looking for a Production Support engineer
You will be assigned to the Production and Support Unit where you will contribute to and execute the policy and procedures needed in assuring that the Unit performs all of its functions in a smooth, timely and efficient fashion.
And in which you will be responsible
- Establish, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot complex information systems processes and critical events that contribute to business operations; perform recovery exercises including coordination with stakeholders.
- Carry out operational tasks on the UN’s business applications portfolio ensuring system availability and optimum performance.
- Perform systems and data analysis tasks; compile and analyze statistics on production activities and prepare related reports.
- Perform unit, system and integration testing and assist users with user acceptance testing.
- Establish, support and execute repeatable processes to ensure, automate and/or optimize the UN Operations schedule and maintain system security and integrity.
- Update and maintain operational and technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to users to diagnose and resolve problems; escalate complex issues requiring further investigation/intervention; provide guidance on the use of new techniques, monitor transactions to measure performance and continued improvement of systems.
- UN Production and Support lifecycle followed and implement
You need experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in managing and supporting production environments, in particular environments running JAVA applications.
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux environments, configuration management, bash scripting or any other scripting language
- CI/CD pipelines with accent on deploying updates and fixes
- Experience with Building and maintaining highly available systems
- 3rd level technical support
- Monitoring and alerting
- Troubleshooting technical issues
It’d be desirable
if you also have experience on:
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge in relational databases and SQL languages