We are looking for consultants or freelancers who have several years of relevant experience as a business analyst for this assignment.
The Trade Finance department at our client is responsible for supporting SMEs, corporates and traders in their import and export activities via specific trade finance solutions: documentary credits, documentary collections, bank guarantees and trade-related financing. This department consists of a sales expert team (front office ), an Operations competence center (back office) and a number of employees who deal with policy and projects.
As a business analyst you report directly to the Trade Finance manager.
You are a team player and like to help colleagues.
• You identify business requirements related to the systems and processes and work out possible solutions. You are able to give a clear priority to the various assignments.
• Feasibility analysis: you are able to describe the desired solution in detail during the preliminary study phase
• Functional analysis: you can write clear User Stories for the vendor and internal stakeholders. You also ensure the functional elaboration of the chosen solution.
• You form the bridge between Business and ICT.
• You will work closely with the Trade Finance Project manager and project teams, as well as the operational services of Trade Finance. You will also have regular contact with external vendors and transversally with the business analysts from the other domains.
• You will assist the Project Manager with the elaboration of internal governance processes (epics, release planning, compliance aspects such as data privacy, GDPR, etc), with drawing up test & training plans;…
• You are responsible for the release planning for both legacy and new applications within the trade finance domain
• We expect you to proactively propose improvements to our processes
• You will act as an expert for trade finance employees for all questions related to the trade finance systems used. You analyze production incidents and coordinate the solution. You provide sufficient documentation.
• University degree or equated by experience
• You have at least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst, preferably in the financial services sector
• Fluent NL / FR and a thorough knowledge of the second national language, good knowledge of English
• Strong analytical skills with good communication skills
• You are familiar with the agile way of working
• Experience in the trade finance domain is an asset