Would you like to play a key role in supporting a high-quality IT infrastructure to the EMEA region?
A high-quality IT infrastructure is a must to stay competitive in an increasingly interconnected world.
Customers digital journey continues, to enable us to run business at full speed. To ensure we can deliver this in EMEA, we are now looking for a Support Engineer Server Hosting & Cloud in the Infrastructure and Operations EMEA Team.
You will be part of the Infra & Ops EMEA support team and will together with your colleagues provide 2nd & 3rd level support on the Server Hosting & Cloud service.
Together with your colleagues in the support team you will ensure the stability & compliance of the infrastructure and services related to server hosting & cloud solution.
By pro-actively improve and check the environment, the team and you prevent outages and as such impact on the users.
Incidents and standard requests will be handled according to the agreed SLA and with the necessary attention to quality and communication.
You will apply the rules around change management to ensure changes are documented, communicated and performed in a controlled way.
Through the configuration management process, you ensure we have a full inventory of the assets and components involved in the services.
You secure the compliance of our server & storage equipment by following up on the agreed patching process and OS lifecycle process.
You secure the backup on the servers, application and databases by daily follow up and regular quality and restore tests.
You have a broad knowledge in :
- VMWare technology
- Microsoft Server OS
- Storage technology : Dell/HP
- Backup technology : Veeam, BackupExec, HP Data Protector
- General server & storage hardware support
- Veeam One Monitoring
- Knowledge and/or interest in hyperconverged solutions like Simplivity, Nutanix or Rubrik is a benefit.
- Scripting languages : PowerShell, VBScript, WMI
- Cloud : mainly Azure
- General Active Directory knowledge
- Office 365
- Higher education or equivalent experience.
- You are passionate about technology and more specific technologies around Server Hosting & Cloud.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written is a must
- ITIL Certification
- Technology certifications are a plus
Competency is more than ever a combination of knowledge, experience and attitude. Key behaviours of our candidate are:
- A customer centric individual who understands customers’ needs and seeks to fulfil or exceed expectations
- A person that takes ownership
- A team player that can work independently
- You have a clear way of communicating
- A resilient person who can cope with change in an ever faster moving digital landscape and who can spread this attitude of self-sufficiency
- An innovative "there is always a better way" person with a positive, flexible and responsive mindset who embraces and promotes the digital transformation (regardless of age)
- Open-minded with a global mindset, curious to understand and learn new perspectives
- A person who complies with our DNA => Commitment – Interaction - Innovation
- + 2 years of experience working for a large company
Country & city
You will be located in Witfied, South Africa