As Lead Business Analyst you are the primary liaison between business - Risk & Finance - and IT disciplines. Together with your testing and development colleagues you form a DevOps team and you are responsible for deploying maintainable, effective and cost-efficient IT solutions. Your focus is on gathering business requirements, translate them into IT solutions (which you define) and create functional specifications while keeping the interest of the business in mind.
In order to implement the solutions that match stakeholder expectations and technical possibilities you are constantly in contact with stakeholders involved.
You also act as a lead for the other business analysts in the delivery unit.
Change and run the bank
As part of your DevOps team you are responsible for changing and running the IT solutions you deliver. This requires a specific and challenging mindset: the ability and willingness to have responsibility for the full software development process, from requirements to the (continuous) delivery pipeline, up to running in the production environment. Where requirements are not only business requirements but also take into account operational aspects like maintainability, stability and security requirements. And continuous delivery requirements regarding test- or behaviour driven development and test automation. In this balancing act you can really put your liaising-, cooperation- and communication capabilities to work!
The domain Risk & Finance is one of five domains within IT Systems. Risk & Finance takes care of the development & maintenance for all Risk Management, Finance and HR systems of the Rabobank Group. With over 500 employees, Risk & Finance contributes significantly to the realization of the Regulatory Roadmap.
The domain comprises 4 delivery clusters. The delivery clusters are integrally responsible for Development and Operations of all IT systems within Rabobank’s Risk & Finance domain. Your position is in the Data WRR delivery cluster and within that cluster in the WRR Risk Data Delivery Unit. In this delivery unit the WRR Risk Data Warehouse (RDW) is being built and maintained. In the RDW, Credit- and Liquidity risk data is being stored.
Tasks, deliverables and responsibilities:
• You provide high impact strategic and tactical advice on senior management level.
• You translate business requirements (reports like Corep, LCR, AnaCredit, LCR and data deliveries for Risk Models, IFRS9 and Management Information) into Product Backlog Items (PBIs) to be picked up by the DevOps team(s). You are responsible for requirements documentation and assist in developing and deploying the solution.
• You are the liaison officer between the business and the IT DevOps team and act as a reference point for staff colleagues and the business partners.
• You develop and maintain knowledge of the business and business architecture.
• You are capable of taking over the basic activities of other DevOps team members in case necessary: support, test, and development.
• You have a focus on quality, maintainability and stability of the IT solutions delivered; this directly relates to the operational responsibility your DevOps team has
• You act as a lead for the other business analysts in the delivery unit by coaching them in their profession, keeping overview of all analysis activities and aligning them to each other and the planning.
Required experience (Must)
• 7 or more years’ experience in one or more of the following subjects: business analysis, information analysis, functional design
• Knowledge of and experience with the finance and risk domain
• Knowledge of and experience with regulatory requirements, especially regarding financial risk.
• Knowledge and experience of Project Management
• Knowledge of and experience with Agile and/or SCRUM
• Knowledge of and experience with design and build of relational databases such as Oracle and MS SQL Server
• Knowledge of and experience with design and build of data warehouses
• Knowledge of and experience with design and build of Data Vault
• Knowledge of and experience with 3NF models
• You are a team player
• You are able to focus and work efficiently, setting clear priorities.
• You are a strong communicator, in particular towards business parties.
• You actively build relationships with all your relevant stakeholders and are able to do this on operational as well as on senior management level
• You use your knowledge and judgment to assist colleagues and challenge our customers’ questions and proposed solutions.
• You can handle and resist pressures from strong-minded stakeholders that think differently.
• You have a creative mentality and you explore alternative workarounds.
• You are self-starting and can work independently.
• You are good at detecting, understanding and documenting customers’ wishes and needs; responding and anticipating to this. You think from a customer’s perspective and are aimed at realising customer value and improving service provision.
• You are delivery-minded, actively focusing on achieving results and reaching the goals of the organisation or the unit. You are looking for challenges and identify and create opportunities to improve results.
• You are able to relay requirements, ideas and opinions clearly, comprehensively and correctly in English, both verbally and in writing. You show an insight into the mutual relations between groups or business units and are aware of the different interests and taking these into account in actions.
• You set high requirements to the quality of products, services and processes and act accordingly