Senior Software Engineer (software tester)
Imagine… that you are contributing to a high performing team in the IT Systems area of Markets and Treasury! You are part of a DevOps organization with a clear customer focus.
Making a difference
• You will be part of a self-organizing DevOps team, mainly focused on Software Engineering (software testing), working on an application to manage the bank’s FTP policy across all business units that require funding from the Treasury department of Rabobank.
• Create and maintain test plans for new upcoming features.
• Coordinate and manage cross-departmental teams for testing purpose.
• Trying to automate UI and API tests as much as possible using our test automation framework.
• Speak the BDD language and try to apply the BDD rules in your day to day work.
• Working closely with developers, business analysts and fellow test engineers to solve complex testing challenges of a multifaceted system, from platform fragmentation, API integration to functional coverage.
• Being pragmatic and knowledgeable about testability, quality and delivery of a finished product.
• Running structural and ad-hoc tests, troubleshooting new issues, and defining defects together with the team to get a holistic understanding of the system.
• Take the lead in creating sophisticated test plans and strategies to improve our test process where possible.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. FX/MM Derivatives is part of Wholesale & International’s FM BackOffice cluster and responsible for a large part of the Markets & Treasury system landscape.
Customer focus, Good communication skills, Collaboration and Technologically advanced are essential for the role of Software Engineer. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
• You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. Bachelor or Master’s degree and ideally ISTQB certified).
• You’ve a minimum of 5 years of experience testing web applications;
• You're the kind of person who likes to take things apart just to figure out how they work.
• You’re being passionate about ideating, innovating, building and integrating test scripts necessary to challenge a complex application landscape.
• Experience with testing micro services with REST interfaces.
• Experience with testing apps on Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• Experience with the BDD rules, the gherkin language and Cucumber.
• ‘Hands on’ experience with Linux, SQL and Java.
• Knowledge of (test) tooling like Azure DevOps, Postman, Putty, Selenium;
• Knowledge of and experience with Agile frameworks and regression testing;
• Flexible and Pro-active attitude, strong analytic mindset, result oriented;
• You're a very good communicator and proficient in verbal and written English.
• You're analytical, a stickler for details and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.