For a United Nations Agency in Geneva, we are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to take care of UN Biometric Transformation and Cybersecurity Transformation Program:
Your will be responsible for
- Working with the Program Manager to ensure the Biometric Transformation project(s) are executed and managed within the Project Management Lifecycle in accordance with the guidelines.
- Coordinate the activities of vendors and internal stakeholders of multiple divisions to achieve a common goal.
- Ensure delivery of the new cloud-based biometric match engine.
- Liaise with the UN infrastructure and Business as Usual (BAU) teams to ensure servers/virtual machines are provisioned to support the project(s).
- Work with UN DBAs to ensure datasets are extracted to support the various streams of work.
You will need
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience as a Project Manager
- Professional training and/or certifications, with practical knowledge and expertise, in PRINCE2 and/or the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK).
- Experience in Cybersecurity and/or Information Assurance and Biometrics
- Proven ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders to successfully deliver project and program outcomes
- Experience with Cloud Migration projects generally, and with Microsoft Azure specifically
It would be desirable
if you have experience with:
- Thorough understanding of large-scale IT management systems and applications
- Knowledge of national or international regulatory frameworks on the protection of personal data.
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communications skills.