||The Java Developer elaborates or adapts the detailed technical design and programming code (or package parameterization) in the context of a project or asset, according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
The Java Developer also performs the unit testing of the developed code.
- Elaboration of detailed technical design
- New development or maintenance of code in the required programming language, tool (e.g. a web content management system, a COBOL code generator, etc), or package (including package parameterization) according to enterprise standards, and considering required quality and performance levels.
- Unit testing
- Estimation of development workload – or validation of the workload estimated by the project or asset manager
- Elaboration of (or contribution to ~) the preparation of the installation in production – including integration and assembly testing
- Support test management in the execution of tests (including bug fixing)
- Quality review of detailed design and code provided by external suppliers
- Documentation of development activities (design, code, unit testing, code review)
| Language requirements
- Sound knowledge of English
- knowledge of a local language ( FR / NL) is a big plus
||Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
||An analyst involved in Agile projects must have the "Agile mindset" which implies:
- a positive attitude and pragmatism
- thirst for knowledge: Agile is about learning and adapting. Knowledge sharing is key to success.
- The goal of team success: Agile is about the success of the team, no individual success or heroic behavior. It is more important for the team to succeed than for the individual to have completed his/her tasks.
- There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback, resulting in continuous improvement.
Beyond the roles: Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected to take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
|Required experience / knowledge
||At least 6 years of relevant experience
||Knowledge of concerned programming language(s) (JAVA), techniques, good practices and standards
||Specific requirement for agile: practical experience with Scrum