Mobile Engineering - Android Developer
- Responsible for the design and building advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Reviewing current systems, collaborating with cross-functional teams in defining, designing, and shipping new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Working closely with Business, Requirement Engineers, Offshore development teams and Business Analysts
- Translating business requirements into technical designs
- Producing detailed specification documents
- Monitoring development results and ensuring high quality of deliverables, in adherence to application design
- Responsible for coordinating with Offshore development teams, query & issue resolution, tracking and reporting
- Analyzing and resolving production issues, as well as providing technical support for existing application(s)
§ Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- 4-5 years of Android development experience
- Published multiple Android apps
- Strong background in Java and native Android SDK
- Strong OOP and data structures background
- Knowledge of latest design and architecture patterns of Android development
- Working experience with multi-module hybrid apps
- Android Studio and Git
- Knowledge of different Android development tools: ADB, Lint, Graphical Editor, Layout Inspector
- Expertise in code obfuscation using DexGuard /.
- Good understanding of Android Webkit, WebView. and Inter-Application Communication
- Knowledge in UI testing (Espresso/Robolectric).
- Clear understanding of the Software development lifecycle
- Android release process (certificates, Play Store)
- Continuous integration with Jenkins and Gradle
- Unit Testing with Espresso and Mockito
- Experience with Agile Development (SCRUM methodology, JIRA)
- Open to learn and adapt to defined project guidelines.
§ Must have Skills and Qualifications
- MVVM familiarity and working knowledge
§ Technical Skills:
o Languages / Frameworks : Java, Native Android SDK, Lint, DexGuard, ProGuard, Jenkins , Gradle, Hybrid apps
o Tools: Android Studio, Git
§ Candidate Value Proposition:
o Flexible, proactive and self-motivated
o Delivery focussed
o Strong team player and ability to work in international and heterogeneous team
o Technical know-how of internet facing applications (advantage)