For a United Nations Agency in Geneva, we are currently looking for a Data Science Specialist
where the scope of the project would be:
The project is part of the UN Portal Program and it is aimed at the development of a common analytics platform, which aggregates multiple datasets from UN’s fee-paying services. The project will establish an enterprise customer-centric UN Analytics Platform, enabling value-addition to existing services via the strategic application of data science, while increasing investment in assuring customer privacy and security.
in which you will be responsible
- Supporting the design and monitoring of the UN Analytics Platform features by designing and implementing data products such as data mining pipelines, clustering models and reproducible analyses, centered on customer data.
- Perform data mining to establish potential relationships between multiple datasets.
- Provide time sensitive analyses on various customer and business questions.
- Prepare reproducible analyses using data science notebooks.
- Establish model drift monitoring strategies.
- Identify and address privacy and confidentiality concerns. Collaborate with the establishment of data-handling practices to ensure the Organization’s information security guidelines are followed.
- Prepare concise data reports and present information using visualization techniques to management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business areas to improve adoption of data science-based insights into their decision-making process.
- Perform other related duties as required.
You will need experience
- Expert knowledge and experience with data visualization tools and methods.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing data products in Python or R.
- Working experience with Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Visio, Neo4J, Neptune, Athena, Glue, Spark
- Expert knowledge of clustering and classification models and strategies.
- Knowledge of AWS data architecture (Data Lakes, Athena, Glue).
- Expert knowledge and experience of data engineering tools and methods.
- Knowledge of UX/CX concepts.
- Knowledge of Entity Resolution tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of provisioning of data APIs.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing tools and techniques.
It would be desirable if you have experience with:
- Issue tracking in JIRA.
- Use case diagrams, data and process flow diagrams.
- User guides, analyses and project documentation.
- Expert knowledge in English (verbal and written).