The candidate will be assigned to the UN Information Systems Division, as part of a new IT development project. The main aim of this work is to develop new and expand existing web-based functionalities, in a manner that is compatible with the existing UN IT Platform and ensures UN compliance.
For this position you'll be responsible for:
- You will form part of the project development team and provide the required expertise to perform backend and frontend software development. The incumbent will also be responsible for technical testing of the deliverables, and associated software release management related activities.
- Perform software quality assurance related activities as part of agile project teams.
- Perform software development related tasks, as required.
- Perform software acceptance testing to ensure that software developed corresponds to functional and non-functional requirements, such as quality related acceptance criteria and coding standards.
- Perform code reviews and code related testing activities as per confirmed quality assurance requirements.
You need experience on:
- At least 2 - 5 years of hands-on experience in Java and Spring framework.
- Working experience in performing software quality assurance activities (i.e. unit, integration, and end-to-end testing, peer reviews, etc.)
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS development environments.
- Knowledge and experience of iterative/agile project delivery methods