For the World Health Organization of the United Nations Agency in Geneva, Norconsulting Group is currently looking for a Business Analyst
to analyze the possible integration of different systems of data storage into one electronic platform, in this role you will be responsible
- Organizing and facilitating technical and consultative meetings with key stakeholders at global, regional and selected national offices.
- Conduct a review of the most frequently used data collection tools and platforms across the target regions and develop a data catalogue describing the data sources and variables collected by these systems
- Assess the feasibility to which level and granularity fragmented surveillance systems can be integrated, in close collaboration with epidemiological colleagues advising on the functional requirements
- Develop business, stakeholder, functional, non-functional (and any transitional) requirements specification documents accessible to different stakeholders across the official languages of the UN
- Develop a solution architecture proposal including data, application, technology and infrastructure, integration, security architectures with relevant estimates of applicable operational costs.
- Recommend ways to ensure data reliability, efficiency and quality of the future solution
For this position you will need
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Post Graduate Professional Qualification in computer science.
- A minimum of 7 yrs of experience as Business Analyst.
You will have knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Information Systems, ICT Best Practices, and current application development methodologies, including cloud services architecture and design models;
- Strong business analysis/client engagement skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with subject matter experts, conduct interviews, and lead focus groups.
- Experience of working in the public health sector, including working in resource constrained settings would be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing / reviewing solution architecture as well as managing / implementing IT projects for development institutions including generic software / custom solutions, hosting of systems and servers, providing network services etc.
- Experience in collecting, structuring and modelling business and systems requirements.
- Experience in the integration of data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS a plus
- Working with different teams in other locations.
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and verbal) is required.
- Basic knowledge in French will be an asset.
The consultant is expected to travel to the different UN offices.