Senior Backend PHP Developer
We’re looking for a senior level backend developer with at least 5 years
of relevant experience to join our Tallinn office. You will join a growing product development team and will be expected to take a lead backend developer role. This position is for someone who loves to wear many hats, is passionate about technology and building products users love.
SkySelect is an enterprise marketplace for the $100B airline industry. SkySelect was founded in 2017, with a clear mission to connect aircraft parts buyers and sellers through seam less transactions. We are VC-backed and actively growing our team in San Francisco (U S) and Tallinn (Estonia).
SkySelect is product-first company. We believe in consumerization of the enterprise powered by real-time data, powerful analytics, meaningful user interactions and well-designed interfaces.
We aim to empower our users and turn them into superheroes inside their respective organizations. Join us in our quest to disrupt the aviation industry by making air travel cheaper and safer for everyone.
: Tallinn, Estonia
Target Start Date
: As soon as possible
- Participate in planning and design of new customer-facing features.
- Collaborate with our frontend developers to design and build APIs.
- Own the backend business logic and take good care of the data.
- Participate in code reviews and peer testing of the new functionality.
- Automate testing of your code and participate in fixing bugs.
- Solve problems with our product, design and business team s.
- Improve and refactor our platform to keep it perform ant and scalable.
What you need to be successful
Bonus points for
- Solid know ledge in OOP PHP, PHP frameworks and RESTfulAPIs.
- Understanding of the internals of a modern web framework (MVC, ORM, DI, queueing) and current PHP ecosystem (Composer).
- Know the difference between spaghetti code and a well-architected PH P application.
- Know ledge of Laravel, Symfony or other PHP MVC framework.
- Experience with SQL, efficient querying, common data structures and caching.
- Ability to design, document, build and evolve services, APIs and data models.
- Great communication and problem-solving skills, good command of spoken and written English.
Our tech stack
- Ability to work on aspects outside the application code-from designing the system architecture, managing the lifecycle of services, modeling databases to security and compliance.
- Experience working with large volumes of data, both relational and unstructured.
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps environment.
: PHP (Laravel/Symfony/Silex/custom MVC), Node.js.
: MySQL, Redis.
: Vue.js, AngularJS, jQuery.
: Puppet, Linux, AWS, Bitbucket Pipelines, Team City.
: JetBrains and Atlassian Suite (PhpStorm, WebStorm, JIRA, Bitbucket/Git, etc.).
: MacOS, Linux VMs, containers.
- Friendly and growing environment where your input will be valued, and growth fostered.
- Stock options.
- Flexible hours.
- Annual Holiday totaling 28 calendar days (plus public holidays).
- Employee referral bonus.
- New gear and whatever else you need to be productive.
: We like reading resumes, but we’d rather check out a repo with clean code. We'd love to see what you've built.