Performs inspections and certifies equipment for the APS-2 site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Inspects equipment, documents findings and generates the initial and recertification paperwork.
- Carries out Inspections of the tanks interior, exterior, hydraulic pressure tests, leak-proofness tests, inspects the frame or other structural equipment of portable tanks and tank containers as per 2017.
- Installs equipment as per specifications to ensure equipment is compliant with the 2017.
- Complies with all HAZMAT and environmental laws and regulations and other requirements to ensure the site stays in compliance.
- Ensures that all health & safety guidelines are adhered to when working within the testing areas.
- Keeps the maintenance department updated with all issues or concerns relating to the equipment.
- Confers with operations and maintenance the maintenance department to determine changes in missions and to prioritize equipment based on those changes.
- Generates slides to show progression and accountability of equipment.
- Ensures all certified equipment are recertified within the specified timeframes to prevent lapses in certification.
- Working knowledge of the purging processes pertaining to tanks and purging station operations.
- Be able to drive and operate the equipment on site, having undertaken the appropriate familiarization training.
- Driver must follow the proper safety procedures in order to minimize any danger to themselves or other workers.
- Ensure that the equipment used is correctly dispatched.
- Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
- Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team to other work sites.
- Shift work, weekends, mandatory overtime (with proper notice given) and cross-training may be required in order to meet daily/weekly workload requirements.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 40lb in weight, be able to work at heights and in confined spaces.
Qualification & Experience Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the Knowledge, skills and/or abilities required: Knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
- Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
- Meister Brief ( master craftsman's diploma/certificate) ( in Mechatronics, Equipment Inspector Engineering Degree or equivalent professional education (a degree in Tank or Transport Vehicle Engineering & Design) and be able to transfer the qualification to the German equivalent at the Handwerkskammer (Chamber of crafts).
- At least 5 years of experience in the same or similar position.
- Must be able to pass the Gefahrgut – Bassiskurs Stuck- und Schutterguter (Single piece and bulk cargo) course if not already attained.
- Must be able to pass the Gefahrgut- Aufbaukurs Tank (Advance tank) course if not already attained.
- Must be able to pass the mandatory training with German Armed Forces after completion of TUV courses if not already attained.
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to include C1, C1E, C & C+E or host nation/European Union equivalent for vehicles above 7.5 Tons.
- Possess an license to include all categories and maintain the licensing requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base licensing requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all Logistic Information System (LIS) access requirements (Common Access Card).
Specialized knowledge and skills:
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand German to native standard or able to speak, read, and write in English.
Please feel free to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
in order to apply for the job. For any questions or queries, you can use the contact information below.
All applications will be handled confidentially
Mit freundlichen Grüßen